Join our team
Fort Orange Claim Service, Inc. (FOCUS) is the premier independent insurance adjusting company throughout the Northeastern United States.
Our organization provides custom-tailored white-glove liability and property insurance claims adjusting along with catastrophe property adjustment services to insurance carriers doing business throughout the United States. FOCUS is a New York-based corporation headquartered in the Albany, New York region.
FOCUS OFFERS AN EXCEPTIONAL INDUSTRY LEADING COMPENSATION PROGRAM. FOCUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Catastrophe Adjuster (1099/Subcontractor – Non-Employee)
We are currently seeking New York State licensed Independent Insurance Adjusters for our Catastrophe response program. License Lines of Authority required is “Fire”, however, “General” is preferred.
1099 Adjusters are non-employee contractors that will investigate and evaluate property claims for clients pursuant to FOCUS standards. This position will provide timely, accurate, fair, and professional service to all clients and insured parties while maintaining carrier-specific service level agreement standards.
- Experience preparing estimates with Xactimate, Symbility and/or Simsol
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- High Technical aptitude
- Ability to climb ladders, get in attics/crawlspaces, get on roofs, kneel, bend, etc.
- A valid driver’s license
- Have a valid New York State IA License
- Licenses in Vermont, Connecticut, and New Hampshire recommended, however, not required.
- Candidate must be familiar with and compliant with all regulatory requirements for the jurisdiction in which they will be handling claims
- Strong investigative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Capability to plan, organize and manage time
- Knowledge of insurance policies, theories, and practices
- Candidate must have at least one current active estimating system registered and have the ability to send electronic reports through the Internet
- Candidate must pass background check
Job opening 2
Commercial lines offer the business community property protections. Doing business in the public domain invariably leads to claims of personal harm or loss at the fault of that business. Claimed damages are usually based on alleged negligence.
Additionally, commercial property policies offer protection if actual physical loss of the structure and/or its contents occurs.